I was able to mostly disassemble the gun and get a better look at things. The screw that fastens the underlever to the action still will not budge. Several cycles Kroil, heat, gentle tapping will not help. The screw head is already deformed, and I don’t want to risk additional damage. All the other screws were easily removed using Kroil and a proper fitting screwdriver.

The inside of the locks appear to be in fairly good shape. Each lock is stamped: “Joint Patents Stanton & Co” with respective numbers of 15977, and 15978 stamped below that. No other markings. The stock is stamped “C. Greenshall” on a singular spot behind the triggers. No other serial numbers or identifying makes seem to be present.

There are remnants of case hardening colors on the rear of the action block and tang. The firing pin springs appear to be hand wound wire.

A few questions if you don’t mind. I’d like to clean it up a bit. You can see the dirt and detritus within the engraving. Both on the receiver and the side plates. I have read in a few other posts of folks running parts thru an ultrasonic cleaner using a gentle solution of Dawn and warm water. Any harm in this? It would be nice to see if the case colors will “pop” and clean up the locks a bit. Submerge the locks assembled?

The barrels are another issue. I might need to invest in a few tools and a bore scope to see what we have there. One step at a time tho. Thanks for the help. Pics below.

[Linked Image from iili.io]

Last edited by Entropy; 05/25/22 01:08 AM.