Originally Posted by KY Jon
Seeing how Claudio or Dewey expertly fix problems is very enlightening. Too often we see half-ass repairs or worse passed off as the proper way to fix things just because they are faster, easier and cheaper.

Jon, I was just re-reading the last page or two, getting ready to make a new post and was struck by how true your statement is. I'm not always able to replicate the conversations Claudio and I have but it's fascinating to listen to him describe the sleuthing he does, working back upstream from the obvious problem, to determine the real origins of what has gone wrong. And very often, those origins were completely missed during previous attempts to fix the issues, so problems are never really solved. Only kicked down the road.

It's not just these guns we've talked about. Over the last couple years he did two different very high grade Greeners, both of which required really thoughtful analysis by a guy at the top of his game, to determine the real problems. Not just the symptoms. And over the years there have been numerous others I have seen on his bench.

The problem for me, if I can call it a problem, is Claudio has educated me so thoroughly, that it is impossible for me now to accept any other approach. It gets costly. LOL. Hmmm, maybe that was his nefarious plan all along! Hahaha!

Last edited by canvasback; 05/11/22 12:42 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia