This will not help sale prices, for guns, at auction. Box Locks were already a bargain to me and will only become more so, but how many can a man own? Will see, I suspect. Hammerguns recovered from lack of interest a couple decades ago. I do not think box locks ever will. Fashion trends being O/U as in and now reduced uses for lead shot might be the real end for 95% of them.

Quality will always have a home, while working man's guns, which most box locks are, will be almost name your own price. Pity importing has gotten so expensive, or buyers in the US could gobble up a ton of them. I wonder if Holt's might consider staging an auction in the US, to bring in a large number of them to get fair value out of them while they can. Blixt & Co. and Holt’s had a joint auction in 2016 so there is a history of making it work. Once the market goes total bust in the UK, it will never recover I am afraid and they will have more value here than there, already do. Would come down to economics I guess. Might need 500-1,000 guns to make the numbers work. But importing them in bulk would save the buyer a lot which in turn could become purchase prices.