Perhaps it's age, but I have developed some rather odd gun-cleaning biases. I scrub my dainty English 16 pretty much after each use when hunting, but I let my Turkish target stackbarrel sit for days after use (& sometimes very hard use) and...I must confess that I have been known to treat some of my pump shotguns almost as callously (heavy sigh). I'd never thought about this much before but I suspect it's a deference-thing being shown to the older(and hand-made & more-expensive) English gun over the machine-made units. I don't even sweat the cleaning all that much on my lovely little .410/28 Dickenson (it's much newer and Turkish as well). I certainly don't abuse it (and clean it immediately if hunting in inclement weather), but I clearly treat it differently. It's finishes and modern steels are significantly more-resistant to wear & tear than the 100 plus year-old gun (& is part of my attraction to it). Different horses for different courses as the old saying goes. Am I alone in this malady?

Last edited by Lloyd3; 04/27/22 11:53 AM.