Touché Argo.

I mean no disrespect, and find your method to prove Reilly a gunmaker, which I believe they were, inventive. I interpret it to be prove Purdey was a gunmaker at all times in its history; with the lack of detailed picture evidence proving your void.

Unfortunately the amount of company documents from Purdey exist where Reilly’s like many other makers are lost to us.

The incident between Reilly and Purdey is described on page 67 of Donald Dallas Purdey book with the Purdey point of view. Unfortunately we do not have detailed Reilly point of view. This is of course the long challenge with Reilly, because the company long ago went out of business and unlike Purdey the records are incomplete.

I believe Reilly was an actual gunmaker, no argument, that said like other makers, I.e. Holland, he seems to have brought from the trade. With the exception of a few odd guns, mostly BLE’s and a round action, I do not believe it is worth the bother to defend Purdey as a maker as you have Reilly.

Better documentation for Purdey, I wish the detailed ledgers were still present for Reilly as I believe you would have an easier time getting your position accepted.

Having recently purchased a pair of Trulock and Harris guns for which all records have been lost I know the pain of dead ends, not to mention my lack of data on my Reilly BLNE.

I like my Reilly BLNE. I like your love of Reilly guns

I look forward to your book and will buy it.

Last edited by old colonel; 04/17/22 09:06 PM. Reason: Grammar

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS