I carry. Almost zero people know that, I have done so for years. My wife did not know for many years until we got into a situation which made the need for ready access more important than total concealment. She knew I had a permit, but had never seen me carry. Concealment without compromising access is not easy but I think is important.

It’s getting harder to conceal as I lose more weight. Bulky clothing with a large body, gives you a lot more to work with, just like a jacket is a serious upgrade for concealment on skinny people. I’ve dropped 6”+ in waist and well more than a full jacket size. With my fat clothes I could hide two 1100’s.

I am limited in that I do not carry a second clip, but if I can’t put you down, with a .45, at extreme close range, I should not be carrying in the first place. Most people I know, who carry seem to think firepower is the answer. Never needing it is the answer but having it when you are wrong is priceless. For everything else there is Mastercard. Stay safe and keep your powder dry.