I can't prove that SKB Stevie does not now regularly use Timberluxe. It just seems odd that he didn't recommend it to the OP if it is so wonderful and instead advised him to use plain old linseed oil. I also didn't say that Woodreaux bought his gun from SKB Stevie. What I was referring to is the repeat business that results from his/her continuous free advertising and self promotion of firearms importation and gunsmithing in his/her tagline.

As I understand it, sales that are the result of advertising done on Doublegunshop forum should mean that site Administrator Dave Weber gets paid $12.00. And that includes a lot of things sold besides guns. I wonder how making money from selling a service is any different from selling a gun? When I bought some gun books sold here recently, the seller paid Dave. And he didn't say they were sold on another forum.

But it is becoming apparent that their are a fair number of firearms import jobs that are generating real income for SKB Stevie, yet he/she feels exempt from the $12.00 fee. We'll also never see Dave getting his cut for gunsmithing jobs that result from the same free advertising. And Dave has made his feelings known concerning those who feel entitled to use his site for self-promotion.

But none of that matters, and I am the bad guy for pointing it out. Somehow, I will find a way to cope with that.

Of course SKB Stevie is not alone in this entitlement mentality. I'd bet Dave also does not get a cut from the guns that are sold to guys who respond to the link in Mark's free advertising tagline for Mark's Born-Again Birdguns. That certainly makes it easier to purchase expensive stock finish like Timberluxe.

I haven't forgotten that I was repeatedly criticized and accused by our Liberals of cheating Dave when I had a link for the NRA-ILA in my tagline... even though I obviously do not get any money from donations made to the NRA. Gotta love double-standards!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.