Ok, so now I read that whole thread. As was pointed out by others, anthing mechanical can be run too hard, and fail. And as was pointed out by another, hundreds of thousands of these were made.

Im not inferring an opinion here, Im genuinely curious what people think. That of...where do we draw the line at acceptible chance failure?

You do it in your car, on a plane...everytime you plug in a cheap device like a shaver or toaster. So, at what percentage do we say something is a failure?

It it 10 Flues in the whole bunch? One poster said something along the lines of, "we've all been hearing for decades about cracked Flues." Well...i shoot vintage doubles regularly, amongst a circle of friends and acquaintences who have far more experience than me...and Ive never heard this.

So...have people been hearing the same 4 tales for so long they dont realize it was only 4? Or 10 actual occurances?

Im not asserting this is an example, but I am ever wary of 'the telephone game.' The age of the internet has only amplified it.

Remember when all of a sudden every Chevy Blazer was going to blow up because the gas tank was between the frame and the body? How many times did that actually happen?

Let me phrase the pertinent question this way: If I were to own a 20 ga Flues, and only shoot loads of a pressure that is in spec for a gun of that age...should I be legitimately, rationally concerned, that the frame may fail?

NDG