Now I'm not the only one with a Charles Daly in the neighbourhood. Claudio picked up a very nice Lindner Daly Featherweight several years ago and has really enjoyed that gun. I had seen the listing for it but the ad said nothing about 'Featherweight" and the price seemed high for a non Diamond Quality gun. So I passed on it. Claudio did a bit more poking at it, got a view of the rib inscribed with "Featherweight" and wasted no time making it his. I still kick myself for not being thorough enough on that one. The point being that he loves shooting that gun and it is one more Daly that he found impressive. So when this Daly Diamond surfaced, Claudio was buying it for himself.

As most of us know, bad things can happen to 100 year old guns. Luckily, not a whole lot had been done to this one. No one had tried to refinish anything since he had first seen the gun.

The metal was in pretty good order. However it was clear the wood needed some attention. There was an wood extension on it, plus a ugly pad. It had a cheek piece that neither he nor I are fans of. And it had an excessive amount of drop. However it wasn't all bad. It still retained the curve where the original butt plate had been. Given that Claudio was intending to keep and shoot this gun, he began to plan some changes......

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia