I didn't see any lying in the ad either, but clearly the seller is not being completely honest as he is avoiding exposing the gun as a gussied up Crescent in his ad; but we see instances of dealers doing that sort of thing all the time. Personally, I despise dishonest and/or misleading dealers; but I'd only give my free opinion on a gun if asked. I believe buyers should do their "homework" and know what they're buying before pulling the trigger. Having been burned a few times while earning my double gun Ph.D., I try to do what little I can to pass along some of the information I've learned. The information is available, and if a buyer won't take the time to do his own research; and buying an upgrade makes him happy, then I'm happy for him. The amount paid for that gun won't wreck one's bank account; but what about the fake Deluxe Grade recently sold at auction. The seller, a Smith expert, had assured the buyer the gun was "righteous"; the buyer paid $120K, and the gun sold for $15K after being exposed. I currently have a .410 Field Grade extractor in my office serial number dated to 1946 that has been upgraded to Crown. It was represented by an LC expert as belonging to a WWI ship captain who died in 1922. If the buyer had done even the most basic research he'd have known the first L.C. Smith .410 wasn't built until 1926, and would also have recognized a Marlin era serial number; the owner paid $55K for this fake Crown. The owner never knew he'd been snookered 'cause he died beforehand; it's his widow who'll pay the ultimate price, and it's this kind of crap that's so infuriating to me! So if what I write helps just one person avoid being taken; then it's worth the effort.