Update on my progress: OK, I made an executive decision. Since I have a fair number of the RST hulls, I decided to figure out a way to get decent reloads of at least one type of hull. I was tired of doing the roll crimp --some worked pretty well, some didn't-- and having to finish them with parafin just so they would be usable. When I decided the progressive MEC grabber could not be adjusted to accommodate the short hulls (and with the suggestion to use the Short Kit) I made several leather discs (just because it was easy to cut and I do alot of leather work) exactly 1/4" thick to take up the slack in the turret so the partially loaded shells would be tall enough to receive the final 3 stages of the crimp. It accomplishes the same thing as the Short Kit for a single stage loader.

So now the process is simplified: I run them through the first 3 stages/ deprime, reprime and powder drop, insert wad ,drop shot. Then transfer (one at a time) to a wooden block to hold them securely until I have 25-30 or so. Finally back through the final 3 stages.

It's probably not any faster than a single stage loader but then I don't have a single stage loader--yet. Maybe I'll try to find one.

Anyway, thanks to all who have participated. Gil

[IMG]