In my misguided youth I had a number of chambers altered to longer for ease of use. No longer. I will either load safe stuff or just not shoot them until I can use safe ammo as they were built for. I agree with your observations and conclusions.

Life was and shall be someday so much easier when you could easily buy powder and primers to reload low pressure loads, or buy them from RST. Just to load a reasonable number of low pressure loads I end up buying a ton of extra different powders which right now are very hard to obtain. I have trimmed all my Remington 20 hulls from 2 9/16 factory length, to 2 1/2" length and they load normally. That gives me a go to hull, for the 20, which is safe in all my guns given reasonable loads. There are a few very low low pressure loads for Remington 20 in the 6400-7700 psi and more that are fairly low pressure in the low 8,000 psi. And I have thousands of them to work with. So once I have figured out what I need to make, it is simply a matter of doing it.