Dustin,
I don’t know production numbers for 400 versus 700 guns, and probably worded that wrong. You find far more 700s, here, in the US than 400s. The 400s I’ve seen were better looking guns.

Seen two 700s with a broken tumbler/striker. A 16 and a 12. Actually, didn’t witness either, just felt the wrath of the owners, who both lost use of the guns for that season. Some of the areas I hunt are populated with unsavory characters, and, at least for day or weekend trips, I don’t bring a backup gun. Got out of that habit. I have a few I have great confidence in, as well. Soul, I guess. Dad’s old Beretta Snipe has as much soul as anything else I’ve ever owned, but, maybe it came from Dad.

I service all my guns, and as a matter of point, any gun I buy, new or used, gets torn down to bits, cleaned and lubed, and function checked at my club before it gets anywhere near the truck for a trip out hunting. If you don’t know if you can get the discs out, or, own the tool or a spare set of strikes, dollars to donuts the gun is in the field, and hasn’t been serviced. There are guys who roll that way, but, I’m not that guy.

Best,
Ted