I own a single gun, a lowly Spanish boxlock, that is equipped with disc set strikers. When I got the gun, it didn’t have the tool to remove them, or a set of spare strikers. Cole Haugh did some service work to the gun, and supplied strikers and the tool. The discs are a piece of cake to remove from the gun. I can change both strikers out, and have the gun running again in 10 minutes, sitting in the cab of the truck, in the dark. I have pulled both discs out, and can’t understand why any maker would fit them so poorly you destroyed them taking them out. I have witnessed, in an old English boxlock, a case of the tumbler coming to rest on the protruding edge of a disc, that resulted in the edge of the disc getting beat over the threads in the face of the breech. This was just sloppy design, poor workmanship, or, both. I don’t expect it is typical. Maybe I’m wrong, and that is typical, but, when the idea is properly executed, it is a good one. If I had to fight that hard to get them out, I’d be pissed. No reason for that. Complaining that you have to have a tool and spare strikers to put the idea to use is like complaining you have to have keys to start a truck. Get real.
98% of English boxlocks might have integral strikers, but, 100% of them are single shots when one breaks. Most of those English boxlocks have a couple lifetimes of use on them, by now, and, some are going to break. Seen that movie, along with the single trigger movie. You guys can watch it.
Listening to a gunsmith tell me how much he would prefer to fix integral strikers is a funny joke when I can fix my own disc set strikers in a minute, without his help or cost, thank you very much.
Carry on.

Best,
Ted