It's the way of the world to crucify individuals who bring to light things that have been assumed to be "dead and buried" for many years. I wouldn't be surprised if you were mocked about having had that book either, RHD. It's not right but, it happens. Though I have little interest in Lefevers right now, I wish for your sake and others' that you had hung on to the book. I'm sure your son appreciated what you did for him, though. I would have.

I remember well when George Lander, from Greenville, SC, brought to light that he had seen Bo Whoop in Jim Kelly's gunshop in Darlington, SC. I have never witnessed such a "piling on" as he received. I felt sorry for him, especially so after I was able to spend some time with the gun before it was sent to Julia's for auction. It was vetted by Austin Hogan and subsequently pronounced original. There are some who still doubt it's authenticity, I'm sure. But then, there are the flat earthers, too ..............

Sporting Classic's saving grace, IMO, is that they print many of Roger Pinckney's articles. He is a very good story writer and I look forward to every new article he has published.

May God bless America and those who defend her.