I feel that they did well as "gun and loader" they did not have a lot going for them the Purdey snap action Bar in wood guns they where using do require some long term use to get things right just opening and loading cartridges especially to people who are brought up on top leaver opening guns. The guy from Holts did get the description of how a hundred and fifty year old gun feels and fits with those guns you do need to keep your leaver thumb nail short or you will loose the nail in the heat of the moment. The best way I could describe the feeling of using a gun like that is like putting on a favorite well worn in jacket "it just feels good". I have see how slick and fast a duo with two guns can work back in the 1950's an estate owner and his well trained keeper they must have practiced for hours the guns moved in a fast circle and both people seemed to just moved enough to make it happen. Also that was the first time I have seen a pair of Purdey bar in wood guns that where nitro proofed and in such sound original condition, I have spent the last fifty plus years trying to find just one of my guns three other siblings.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!