Well...in the interests of protecting my now "older" eyes I bought some new fishing sunglasses Saturday. After much research I settled on yet another set of Smiths (their top-end Guide's choice). The tipping point was, of course, that I got them for "cost" yet again at my old gunshop/flyshop job(!). So, for almost no money I got ChromaPop, the new lightweight high-resolution glass, spectacular polarizing, & darn good fit. Other fishing glasses probably look better to me but...this was a deal I couldn't ignore.

Their sales pitch...

Lightweight, scratch-resistant Techlite™ polarized glass lenses cut glare
ChromaPop™ Glass polarized lenses cut glare and enhance color and contrast while being highly scratch-resistant
Smudge and moisture resistant coating for easy cleaning and clear optics
Anti-reflective coating improves clarity and reduces eye strain
100% UV protection

Fit / Integration
Medium-large fit, medium-large coverage
8-base lens curvature offers a wraparound fit
Megol temple and nose pads provide non-slip grip so glasses stay put (whatever the hell "Megol" is)
Spring hinges self adjust to your face for a snug, comfortable fit

I really wanted to try the competition's offerings (Costa, Maui Jim, etc. ) but I couldn't even find any to try on here, at least not conveniently. With the money I've saved I can possibly find other sunglasses to focus on my other outdoorsy passions, like maybe grouse-hunting? So taking my own advice, I also just ordered some discount Costa 580 "Sunrise SIlver" units on eBay with the lighter yellow tint. My new hunting and shooting glasses perhaps? Again....time will tell.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/07/22 04:23 PM.