BrentD: Boy do I get that one, bought some Smith "Low-light Ignitors" a while back to see how they would work for grouse on those flat grey days up there. Not one of the better Smith models (not even glass lenses) and ugly as hell so maybe not a good sample but... they didn't (and still don't) roll my socks down for that application. Newer Smiths have "Chroma-Pop" color-enhancing and even a new version of the old "photo-grey", meaning that they will lighten in lower light conditions and darken in brighter. So hard to separate the facts from all the "fluff" here because all the makers really pile on the sales jargon (most of which is meaningless or nearly so).

After much consideration, I want: 1. real glass and 2. good polarizing, 3. decent quality (no crappy or ugly plastic), and if possible 4. the latest coatings to add clarity and reduce "clutter". In rifle scopes the newer "coatings" seem to enhance light-gathering and eliminate superfluous input (blue light, glare, clutter, etc.). I'm hoping the "new" sunglass lines can do that now too.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/04/22 09:44 PM.