Stan is clearly onto something that I hadn't considered. Each particular situation will have components that are critical for success. I had always treated sunglasses as something of an afterthought until I started wading gnarly rivers or started seriously hunting grouse in dappled sunlight. It sounds much like guns or any other tool, you must focus on your real needs first. My Smiths were my first pair of really good sunglasses (before that they were all basically cheap and disposable) that I got at "cost" at my nice gunshop job. Because the Smiths were so-much better than anything I'd ever tried before, I used them for everything and the surprise here is that they worked so well at all of it. Is there room for improvement now....probably yes, but at what cost? I guess I need to prioritize my needs and then rank-order each first. After that I need to consider the down-side of using one good set of sunglasses for all my applications (if there actually is a down-side). Because good fishing glasses most-directly keep me from getting hurt in a bad fall, I'll likely get a good pair of them first and see if I can make that work again for me. Keeping track of more than one good pair starts to become a pain at some point (which is why cheap sunglasses are just so darn useful). After that then maybe some Pillas....

You folks are a treasure, as always. Thank you all for the input.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/04/22 07:50 PM.