I've been using a great pair of Smiths now for over 20-years, for both hunting and fishing (& even driving) but they're getting a bit long in the tooth these days. I know the technology in eyewear has advaced several steps from where it was when I bought these units, so who's got the better option these days? Costa "sunrise silver" mirrors were reccomended to me a while back, to deal with that strobe-like tree shadow, open light, tree shadow stuff that makes it tricky for a lot of sunglasses. I used-to flyfish alot here (before Colorado became overrun by all the refugees from the left coast) but I still really rely on my shades to navigate the local (& other) waters when wading, so very good polarizing is absolutely essential as well. Cheap sunglass have also come a long way but... cheesy plastic stuff leaves me cold, so I'm willing to pay the freight for the right suff. What says the cognosenti here?

I don't need prescription shades just yet, so I'd still be looking at over-the-counter options. Maui Jim and Glacier have also been mentioned to me as well.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/03/22 10:52 PM.