Probably related to the schmuck who had a few older Winchesters on his table this past Saturday at a local area show- (1) clearly a Model 25-- my son-in-law was with me, he looked it over (after asking permission) as he has one that his late father bought new right after the Korean War-- 28" Mod 75-80 % finish, smallish chip in the butt plate- tag said- Winchester Model 12 Featherweight- very scarce, as only made for 2 years-- I had my Schwing's pocket book on Winchesters-serial nos. and yom-- and opened it to the pages on the Model 12 and its variants-and it showed plain as daylight the Model 12 Featherweight- the sn ranges , the extra interchangeable barrels offered, the whole details- He asked me if I could see my book, and I told him-"sure" and he opened it to the front cover page-- "Well Mister, he told me, "this book is out of date- it was published in 1981, and this is is 2022--". I took back my Schwing pocket book, shook my head, and walked away-leaving him and his $1750 Winchester M25 behind. Later that day at the same show, a dealer/seller- had a M54 in 30-06 he was asking $3500 for- it was a Super Grade- as stamped on the forged steel drop magazine plate someone had "borrowed" from a Model 70, and stamped to pull off a counterfeit job- I looked it over, and just shook my head- as the sn showed it was an early production year M54- 1929- WRA had not yet offered the M54 in a "deluxe" version. The $125 I paid for my copy of the Roger Rule "Bible" was worth every penny-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..