The DM Lefever listed on GB was owned for years by a collector friend in NM, Gene Sandlin; and if my memory is correct, he got that gun from Bob Elliott. The original barrels have been cut and I don't recall what else may have been done aftermarket besides the white line rubber pad. It was listed for sale on GB previously. I find the DM Lefever guns interesting and owned a Grade 8E for several years, which was one of my all-time favorite dove guns. This gun was #1622 and had 28" Imperial Steel barrels, auto-ejectors, and single trigger. The stock featured a capped pistol grip, which the Elliott book says was a rare feature. The barrels and frame were not grade stamped, but beneath the grip cap was the stamped letter "E", which is why I determined the gun to be an 8E. But the rarest feature of that gun was the safety slide; it was a true slide and not the roller type typical of DM Lefever guns. I've not seen another example with a sliding safety. Seems I purchased the gun in the mid-'90's from New England Arms; dealer said he had 3 examples in stock at the time and that #1622 didn't work at all. But it was $1K cheaper than the others and he didn't know if it'd ever work; still it was the perfect example for a budget minded collector, so it became mine. I immediately sent the gun to Buck Hamlin; Buck got the gun in working order and sent it back was the understanding that he was guaranteeing nothing. It was dove season so away we went, and lo and behold it doubled on the first shot. It never doubled again, but the auto-ejectors never worked at all; still, there was something about how well I could shoot that gun and oft is the time I wish it were still mine in spite of its quirks.