John- 2 Cabela 's/Bass-Ackwards Gun Library true stories-both witnessed in person by friends I know as reliable: (1) Gent is looking at used 1911-1911-A1 pistols in the case, asks the young clerk what is the difference between them? Clerk tells him:" The 1911 came out in 1905, as was designed for black powder ammo only, in the later 1911-A1 revision Colt used stronger steel and it would then handle smokeless powder loads-he tried to use an analogy between the Colt 1861 Army and the later Colt 1973 "Peacemaker".. (!) saw a redone 12 DHE at the Grandville GL a few years ago- 28", DT, AE, PG, SSB-BT-PG 90% blue and wood- tag noted: Redone by Del Greco-- Misspelling perhaps, but it is spelled DelGrego-- I asked him for a notarized copy of the invoice to validate this work by the ParkerMeister- he said that they didn't have such a invoice copy, so I asked him where did he get the idea it was done there-? His reply- "well Sir, the man we bought it from told us so."" In case you are wondering, tag asking price was $7250. Buyer Beware.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..