To recap and finalize,I wanted to share this with other guys that enjoy German hunting guns or think they might.

I found the listing on gunbroker for this unmarked Suhl made trade gun ( doesn’t even have name of steel used just Nitro proofed) finish was a little worn, action metal slightly proud and had some odd but interesting engraving.
Now the positive, this gun had some great lines (sleek),action looked tight, barrels were almost perfect ( long with no dents or bulges), none of the horn was damaged, wood looked really nice with no cracks and long enough.

I asked the great guys here on this forum a few questions about it, which they answered.I can’t thank them enough.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!

I believe the purchase price was around 800.00 ( just want to show it’s not crazy expensive)after shipping, transfer and tip for FFL (keep that guy happy). Restoration ran about 1200.00 (kept him happy also)as I can remember. Oh gunmaker did find hammer was broken but the beast was still working with it broken, these German guns are hell for stout. ( he replaced hammer).

Anyway, my point is it was inexpensive compared to anything close in quality, an absolute joy to use and there is a bunch of them coming up for sale. Cuz the baby boomers kids who’s grandpa brought the thing home don’t care or know anything about it!

Here are some more pics before and after good luck and happy hunting.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Jtplumb; 02/05/22 04:00 PM.