Sounds similar to what I do CZ with how I cut up elk and deer.

I grew raising cattle and every year along with any deer or elk we shot, my dad would butcher and cut up 2 steers, with assistance from an uncle, my older brother and I. He had all the equipment to do the job and knew what he was doing. The cattle were all cut into appropriate cuts and labeled accordingly as were the deer and elk. He wasn't a butcher but had gone through a 6 month agriculture course, more than likely offered to returning WW 2 vets, for those who were entering into or continuing with ranching. Part of the course, according to him was the proper way to process hogs, cattle, sheep, etc. He certainly pounded it into my head, what each cut was and where I should make the proper cut for each piece. I don't necessarily follow his direction nowadays when cutting up a deer or elk, since he'd use the saw to crosscut the bone on the hindquarters of both beef or elk, which I don't do.

Although a sawzall would make the job much easier in removing ribs, I use a hand meat saw that he used for years..maybe not as quick and efficient, but it works. $10.00 bucks a lb for suet is a bit more than what I pay for it. The last I had a local butcher set aside for me a few months ago was $1.49/lb. Of course, it's a mix of suet and back fat, which is fine with me.

I found this article interesting.
https://www.rmef.org/elk-network/venison-or-elk/

Cameron Hughes