I know that gun he's holding quite well-I might have used it for waterowl except that I also have a 1929 Ideal 12 Longraange Smith- SST-AE- 32" F&F, 3". Bismuth No. 2 shot- fine even patterns at 35-45 yards (est'd range) pass shooting mainly. If I were be hunting with DU groups over large layouts of mallard dekes nowadays, I'd have Buck Hamlin open up the right hand barrel just a tad--but when hunting divers on Saginaw Bay- guided hunts- I stay with my older Belgian Brng. A-5 light 12- 28"VR and Briley Long Chokes- No 2 Black Cloud Steel- and if you use a side-by-side for big water layout shooting (as our Grandfathers may have done- rig up a bunji cord just in case you get tipped over. I use the front carry sling clip on the take-down knob on the shotgun end- and 6-7 feet of bunji anchored to a thwart in our boat with a caribiner's type locking hook--I'd love to dunk a pair of canvasbacks with that older Elsie- but I'm not willing to risk it "Going Titanic" in Michigan's Saginaw Bay- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..