Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Thanks, fellows. I'm interested in an 1875 No. 3 2nd Model Top-Break Schofield, with 7" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt. Uberti has one they call the "Hardin", after John Wesley Hardin who used one in a shootout with Deputy Webb in TX, in the 1870s. It has blued cylinder and barrel, casehardened action and sights, and simulated buffalo horn grips. Pretty gun.

I appreciate the information. I'll probably try to put my hands on one, if that's possible, before "pulling the trigger".

https://www.uberti-usa.com/outlaws-and-lawmen-revolvers

I'm cowboy shooter. Not familiar with the Uberti Schofield, but I also don't recall hearing anything bad about them. I will note that modern production Schofields, either Uberti or out of production S&W don't do well with black powder. From what I remember it is a design flaw and has nothing to do with the Uberti or S&W copies. With BP they start to bind up after 30 rounds or so.

I currently have a Uberti 1873 rifle and a pair of 1851 Richards - Mason revolvers in .38 Special and the fit & finish is pretty good and I've only had minor issues with the revolvers: a firing pin had to be filed down slightly and the loading gate ring loosened up and would rotate slightly, but that is not something that would affect the Schofield.

Last edited by Chantry; 01/10/22 12:58 PM.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.