Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
....Just don’t monetize it.

Montana is different on this matter than MI.

As I recall, I want to say a case was prosecuted that clarified what the status of the game was that was stored in a camper. Where the owner of the camper was claiming that the camper was his domicile, and anything stored within it met the rendered to possession/storage legal requirements.

I think they lost.
I think what you say makes sense. It seems to me, investigation and enforcement of game laws may have a lower bar than some other laws. I think for seach purposes and firearm laws, regular vehicles might have similar protections in MT that traditional homes do. Once wildlife officers are in the home, digging through freezers, I don't know if that's a fun position to be in.

Many years back, I did watch a pair of Wisconsin duck hunters get their gear and vehicle impounded for being in possession of lead shot. It was actually funny watching the warden put a sneak on their open water blind and seeing the splashes of shells on the water once he started wading out. He spent about five minutes wading around the blind, collecting "evidence". I don't know any particulars, as to how rigid the confiscation was, but I remember thinking it seemed quite the over reach for the level of the sin.