FYI

Brad Eden
Brad Eden
Started conversation: 2 hours ago

Welcome to 2022! šŸ˜¬

This Group Message was sent to 2022 Contributing Members who (according to my records) voluntarily Donated a year ago in January of 2021. Ive TRIED to find Members who may have donated after last January. I am sure I have missed some.

MY APOLOGIES BEFOREHAND...MESSAGE ME if you have already donated this past year, or multiple times,or even think you did. Or if this renewal is confused with a S&T Donation, etc. I can double check my Member Group/Donation list. I don't want any Member to feel taken advantage of because of my poor record keeping.

Many may already know or have noticed that as of New Years Eve 2022 Upland Journal is now a Registered Members Only viewed Board. Private if you will. The change from a predominantly Public Board was a long time coming. The Board, Members, and my own security and sanity prompted this move. A full explanation can be found here: 2022 Board Changes

In the last two years UJ has never been busier and I have never been more challenged as the sole Administrator and Moderator during these trying times. The importance of UJ as a meeting place has never been more significant. No matter what the future holds I will continue to do my best to keep the lights on, and be vigilant in keeping UJ the port in the storm it has become known for.

Unfortunately UJ hasnā€™t escaped ā€œinflation.ā€ With Cloud Hosting fees rising and the demands that UJ places on the Host Server I am suggesting a minimum voluntary Donation of $30. As always Donations above that minimum are appreciated and determined by the individual Member and the value they place on UJ. Voluntary Donations are the main funding mechanism in keeping UJ online and cover monthly/yearly costs for Board Software, Updates, Board Support Plan, Cloud Hosting/Data plan, and the UJ archived website and UJ email.

As always, the Photo Uploading ability is reserved for the 2022 Contributing Member Group, *All meta tag GPS data is stripped from Member Uploaded Photos, in addition to other Perks like unlimited editing on posts, Swap & Trade Forum, Contributing Member Forum, and generally more storage, options, and flexibility throughout the Board.

If Contributing Members haven't renewed by the end of the month I send a "NOTICE: UPCOMING MEMBER GROUP CHANGE" reminder Message, and then move them back to the regular "MEMBER GROUP" later. If they donate at any time I place them back in the Contributing Member Group with enhanced privileges.

Thank You all for supporting the UJ/BB in the past year, and for considering supporting UJ/BB for another year!

UJ Grouse and Woodcock decals are available to Contributing Members upon request.

Here is the Online UJ Donation Page:

UJ DONATION PAGE

or Check via mail:

Brad Eden
P.O. Box 172
Frankfort, ME 04438

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]