Originally Posted by ithaca1
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply!
It is a Dickinson estate. I had the barrels shortened to 25" and recut for chokes. It is actually to lively! Never thought I would say that. Im trying to get it close to my 25" WC Scott 28ga and use the Dickinson with factory ammo for skeet/sporting clays as a practice gun. The Scott is my hunter.

The Dickinson has a through bolt and checkered butt.
Dimensions are very close between the 2 guns.

The Scott weighs 5lbs 9oz so I have room to add weigh on the Dickinson. With the 3oz, 9-10 inches back from the muzzle, the 2 guns feel similar, even with the Dickinson a few oz lighter. I thought about weight in the forend but not sure if I can get enough weight there.

I shoot the Scott very well. The Dickinson, not so much.

My first thought was to drop the Tungsten down inside the hollow rib and use a syringe to inject acraglass or something similar around the tungsten to secure it. There is a .090 hole in the bottom rib, right in front of the forend lug, so air would be able to escape as the adhesive was injected. My concern was that if I ever needed rib repair, the adhesive may be a nightmare.
Just not sure if this is the best solution.

I never thought that such subtle changes could make such a big difference.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bill

What if you poured wax in there? Probably would not hold it after a long time, but you could heat it up gently to remelt. It wouldn't rattle.

You could also stuff various foam plugs in there. I would electrical tape the wire first - as large as you can do it and still get in town there.

Probable better solutions (set screw through the rib?), but wax or foam with tape seem easy and won't give you headaches down the road.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]