I use them often with rifles that double for varmints and predators. 1.5-6 for calling predators, coyote, fox, bobcats and 6.5x20 for varmints PDs.

I do have a B&L Balvar 8 on a 22-250 but it is in Leupold windage adjustable base and I shim for elevation, I did it for an Egg shoot to blow the minds of the younger gen. that are into turrets and parallax adjustments knob. The slick tube baffles them. I didn't win but made it to the final round.

It works fine for calling coyotes also.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Howa mini in 6.5G with Weaver 4-16 with target dot for long range small targets in Boyds thumb hole.

Same 6.5G shortened factory stock Meopta 1.5-6 for called coyotes.

I have a couple others set up this way but no pics. and even this is starting to go down the road with scope having 6, 8 and even 10x power change. I have a couple 2-12 scope that eliminate the need for a different scope.

My drillings have claw mount and I've been known to pop the scope off and hunt birds on the way back to the truck.

Back in the day when detachable and swing away mounts were popular scopes weren't near as reliable as they are now. I used Pachmayer and Weavers, still have a box of different Weaver swing away bases and rings, some new from when I closed my shop.

Last edited by oskar; 12/19/21 04:09 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.