Some folk's constitution holds up longer than others. I guess it depends upon what one has done in his working life. Forty five years practicing law behind a desk, a stroke, and open heart surgery has not resulted in my own physical shape being what I had hoped for in retirement. I still get around and love a dove shoot, but the covid years have about done away with that activity due to the group nature of it.

My brother says he has some doves hemmed up at his farm which is adjacent to mine up in middle GA. We're driving up to middle GA Saturday morning to give them a try.

I still deer hunt even though I really don't care whether I shoot one or not, and I use a cane to walk back and forth between my blinds and my car. I made the trip up to Saskatchewan in October but I doubt I'll do it again. I passed up a free plantation style kick'em-up quail hunt last week because I don't feel safe with a gun due to my predilection for falling down at inopportune times.

Aging out is a personal decision and at 73 I'm sure there are those with a stronger determination to keep going than I. Dog-gone it though I've enjoyed the hunting life and hate to give it up. I guess that's why I've collected "Gray's Sporting Journals" for so many years, so I can re-live my experiences from those pages...Geo