Originally Posted by halifax
Nice photos and such big birds. Those are 2 inch shells. Is the gun a 2", 12 bore?

For the first time passing through Bozeman last fall, I stopped into Hill n Rod. My knees were shaking but I left without spending any money. Nice gun store which I suppose you have visited many times.

Charlie is a national treasure. I bet he isn’t what you thought you would see when you walked into his shop.

The poster on his door with the pictures of his bench and John Browning’s bench, I made for him as he reminds me of the old world craftsman that still uses hand tools and doesn’t put them away.

I visit once in awhile, but have to limit those visits because he doesn’t get anything done when I’m there talking to him. He is an extremely intelligent guy and overloaded with talent. He made a lever return spring for my Webley shotgun, completely from flat spring steel.

I would recommend anyone visiting Bozeman to stop by and see his shop and selection of beautiful SXS’s.

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck