I don't like a gun that shoots higher than 60/40 for sporting clays. CZ is right that different presentations require different techniques, but they don't require a gun that shoots to a different place, in relation to the muzzle. Floating a bird too much is a recipe for poor shooting in sporting clays. I want the bird to be just visible above the muzzle on most presentations, but how often are you shooting at a target that requires no lead?. That's why I like 60/40.

Yes, I want my field gun to shoot to the same point of impact as my sporting clays gun. That will help not only your clays shooting but your field shooting as well. Consistency is hugely important in clays shooting.

On clays, and on birds, you should always see the target/bird. Lead makes that possible. The only exceptions to seeing this lead is a direct incomer where you must cover the bird to kill it, an overhead incomer that will go past you overhead, where you must pull through the bird, cover it with your muzzle(s) and kill it, or a springing teal where you must kill it under power by pulling through it and killing it as you lose sight of it.

May God bless America and those who defend her.