For those who favor ejectors, as I do, they are at least as useful as they were in 1921. Part of the enjoyment of owning a nicely built gun is the joy of seeing it function well, with all the little mechanisms inter-working properly. Above that, ejectors are useful to me when hunting doves, ducks and quail. Having spent one whole dove season shooting a Sterlingworth extractor gun I swore to myself that I'd never do that again. I can reload faster and with less fumbling with an ejector gun, by trapping the ejected hull(s) in my hand and quickly depositing them in my game bag. I never drop them on the ground, as some claim ejector guns are "good for". It would seem that anyone who has the manual dexterity to brush their teeth properly can learn to trap ejected hulls without dropping them. I taught myself to do so in order that I wouldn't cause range workers unnecessary effort picking up my hulls around the shooting stations. It just naturally carried over to field shooting.

Ejectors are a nicety, not a necessity, but they add much to my pleasure in the fields and wetlands. JMOYMMV.

May God bless America and those who defend her.