One of the things that found it's way home with me this year was a 1903 chambered in .308 Norma Magnum. It's yet another sporterized "custom" from either the 60s or the 70s (judging from the stock shape and the chambering) that my father-in-law used for many years on deer, elk, and even antelope. My 17-year old asked for it on this last trip and Grandma acquiesced. It's nothing as nice as the earlier 1903s posted here and has seen fairly hard use but... my boy shot it very effectively last week (using ancient factory Norma ammo) and he's got big plans for it. Brass, dies and loading data got dispersed with Grampa's other reloading supplies before I could review them so we're probably on our own own here when it comes time to work up a load for it. It weighs a ton (8-9 lbs) and is stocked for a right-hander which is a mild complication since my boy shoots left (left-eye dominant) but he seemed to adapt readily when he fired it. He has elk tags for December here so...time is somewhat short for all that. Any insights or concerns here for using this old warhorse? Anybody have any .308 Norma Mag dies laying around?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

No marking on the rifle other than this and the chambering. Ever heard of a Landgren(?), Landopen(?) custom rifle maker? Not very impressive other than it works very well. History on rifle is that it came from near Chisum, Minnesota in the 1980s.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 10/28/21 01:57 PM.