Originally Posted by KY Jon
Gil, is that a bird feather? If not which bird finger? Middle might give longest coverage but with people being upset about everything I might go for another.

I think he probably meant "Bird Finger"...

...and as you apply the Tru-Oil with your Bird Finger, you keep saying, "Let's go Brandon...Let's go Brandon... F**k Joe Biden..."

Bill Shodlatz is most likely referring to Behlen Lacquer as the product Oscar Gaddy used. It is still available, but getting harder to find under the Behlen name. Behlen finishes are now marketed as Mohawk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I had thought about using the catalyzed automotive urethane clear coat as Ted mentioned earlier, but it would take something like a methylene Chloride paint remover to remove if it became scratched or dull. Methylene Chloride strippers have been banned, so it is getting harder to find the stuff, and it should only be used outdoors with caution. And any clear coat product is going to get dulled, scratched, and worn over time, so it may be wise to use a clear coat product that can be easily be removed without damaging the case colors in the process. I'm happy with nothing more than a good non-abrasive paste wax. I will say that G-96 3-in-1 oil must have a pretty strong solvent carrier if it softens lacquer. I'd be concerned about getting any on my wood stock finishes. All Lacquers do not utilize a catalyst for curing, but those that are catalyzed are tougher and will take more abuse. They will also be harder to remove if and when the time comes.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.