"A question was raised-----Did any London gun and rifle makers build any boxlock rifles and guns including the ones that they sold with their names and addresses engraved upon? All of us have an opinion."

Gentlemen, I've done my best to add to this line constructively.
-- Reilly was a London gunmaker.
-- In the Reilly history I've laid out all the evidence I could muster that Reilly made the guns he serial numbered.
-- Reilly made and sold boxlocks both shotguns and rifles in great quantity from 1880 on.
-- ergo, at least one London gunmaker made boxlocks. QED.

If one believes Reilly did not "make" these guns...i.e. he did not even make the stocks, finish actions bought in the white, etc., then there is not much more that can be done to fill in the blanks.

So, the subject of this line was addressed directly by my posts - it was not "changed" as alleged. The business of ejectors was just an add-on which I thought might be of interest.

Of course, Reilly can be "canceled." However, I'll again state this request from the introduction to the Reilly history:
"Footnotes are provided for each paragraph, indeed each sentence.... Challenges to this research should be as well documented, not just based on "urban legend."

Last edited by Argo44; 10/16/21 10:07 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch