Well...then I just bought a 4-week extension. I am noticing this year that after about 5-miles walked (~11K steps), I start to lose my edge (it's either age or conditioning or both....oh well. At 63 it beats the alternative as they say). I get out almost every day (if it isn't raining, which this year hasn't been much) and hunt both known and then newly discovered coverts/trails. With 2 weeks to go now, I've really been able to fine-tune things and get a much better understanding of life up here (In years past it was a 7 to 10-day window at-best, which was never enough time for me). My family arrives this coming weekend, so my father/husband/guide hats go back on again but....it's been really wonderful so-far. I've seen mink, owls, beaver, bear, fisher cats, eagles, osprey, ducks, geese, endless deer (my brother saw a wolf), and miles of beautifully-empty country. I can feel the knots in my soul unraveling with each passing day and I still have several days left. I can fully understand how one might get "homesick" for this James.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The lake has been darn fun too.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 10/10/21 01:54 PM.