Originally Posted by Carl46
Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
Same guys who tell me my Model 50 is so butt heavy as to be useless admire a 'lively' Perazzi.
Only time I care what the other guys think about my gun is when it is for sale. Otherwise, it puts birds in the grass or it doesn't.

Of course, but the discussions go on at the clubs as they go on here. It's a big part of the fun.

One very memorable occasion comes to mind. An automotive engineer friend of mine was overly enamored with the Auto-5 pattern shotgun. A particular pride and joy of his was a Remington Model 11 'Sportsman' with a factory Poly-Choke. Larry shot the thing well, just because he was good shooter. I teased him about the ugly 'ducks' on the sides and the pickle on the end and the firewood for a stock... it was all in good fun.

So I'm passing through a gun show and what do I stumble across. A gun identical to Larry's. It's worth the $300 just for the gag. I call and tell him to be sure to bring his Model 11 out to the club for our Thursday shoot because a guy wants to look at it. Larry complies. I put mine in the rack next to his and asked if he would sell his so I could have a composed pair.

It gets better. Dave was there with his DT-10. The three of us shot a line of skeet, and the banter started. Score, Larry 25, me 25, Dave 24. A new DT-10 beaten by not one, but 2 Poly-Choked Remington 11's.

It's the Indian, boys... not the arrow. Gosh that was fun. I haven't seen Dave in years, but I hope he's well and reads this board.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble