Many hunters around here welcomed the coyotes back after the poisoning and aerial hunting stopped. Our worst duck and upland gamebird egg predators, striped skunks, raccoons, and red fox, decreased. Hatching rates of ducks increased and I believe it did for sharp-tailed grouse, gray partridge, and ring-necked pheasants although I haven't seen any study results. Sadly, we no longer have seasons on sage grouse, but that has to do with habitat loss, not predation. The state began spending less money on deer depredation on farmers and ranchers hay supplies. Mountain lions repopulated most of the state and undoubtedly helped reduce high deer populations. Fishers and pine martens have returned to North Dakota. We have seasons on mountain sheep, elk, and moose. Coyote hunting and trapping are still popular, we have a quota system on lions, a crow season, and a healthy, if somewhat smaller white-tailed deer population and a healthy population of mule deer out west. I like the system. In my opinion, what we need now for native wildlife is more wetland management. We have hundreds of thousands of acres of formerly productive meadows and basins choked with hybrid cattail and willow whose value to wildlife now is thermal cover for deer and pheasants and even that is marginal during years with lots of snow.