Originally Posted by Nudge
OP,

Its tough to tell from those pics. Blued-over Damascus can be fixed, but it would need to be worth it to someone to do that, as the bluing may be masking fissures.

I would say a rough range on this gun is $700 - $1,300.

You dont need to go to an auction house. Create a profile on GunBroker, take good pics, and let it fly. When it sells, have the person send you the details of the FFL they wish to use, and whem you receive their payment, you ship to their FFL with a copy of tour drivers license in the box.

That's all it takes to sell a gun.

NDG

NDG, thanks for your reply. Some follow-up Q's:
GunBroker is the best option for this Lefever? What is the advantage over an auction house?
Ask b/c with the described flaws, particularly the re-blued Damascus, assume prospective buyers/bidders would want to inspect this shotgun(?)
Would the risk you mention fixing the re-blued Damascus be another reason buyers may prefer to evaluate in person?
Again, appreciate your feedback. I don't know anything, but want the buyer to know exactly what they are getting and get a price as appropriate as possible regarding flaws.
Therefore, just seek more perspective -assume "letting if fly" on GunBroker means no reserve, and hope bidders willing to gamble that there's no surprises?
I'd be a first-time seller on GunBroker with only the info in my post, therefore not aware of level of risk to receive far below reasonable value on GunBroker?
THX