I always figured the Roth people were going to end up paying taxes all over again. Or, worse, retroactively. I couldn’t see any reason for government to be concerned about inflation for people who had paid their taxes with more valuable, older, dollars, rather than whatever wreckage was left of the currency, after bad fiscal policy (like what we have seen the past 8 months) was enacted.

Why do people from Europe assume health insurance is expensive or unavailable here in the US? I get mine from the Teamsters, it costs about $129 a pay period for my son and I, has a maximum out of pocket expense of $500 a year, which, the union is currently covering, covers medical, vision, dental, all X-rays, MRIs and whatever else are covered at 100%, and has a life insurance component of 1 1/2 times my yearly wage. A co-worker needed a hysterectomy, was scheduled and completed in less than a month, another needed a replacement knee, same time frame. These are not young folks, both over 50. I do have to show up at work to be covered, but, I got used to that notion a long time ago. Some policies are better than others, but, I have always stuck with employers that had good plans available, and sometimes made less money to do that. It was a choice. Nobody made me stay.

The people who complain the loudest don’t seem inclined to get their ass out of bed to make it to work everyday here in the states, from what I have seen.

My English born gunsmith was successfully treated for leukemia here in the US a few years back, rapid timeframe, and he told me it would have been a year of waiting around for medical care in England, and not at all likely that he would be eventually treated at his age, 60s at the time. Why would a medical system wait to treat someone suffering from leukemia?

Gentlemen are where you find them by the way.

Best,
Ted