jOe. You seem to be extremely dictatorial about the practical use of wood and leather or box cases in general, in fact you are wrong on a number of counts. you do not think that gun makers supplied guns in box cases so that they could fix their trade label's in no matter how fancy they are, the answer to this is NO! Box cases where and are a very practical deterrent to a guns worst enemy damp and the Brit Maritime climate in some coastal areas there can be more water in the air than in the local reservoir. It is still true if you keep guns standing in a cabinet without taking constant precautions to keep damp away from them, because every time you open the cabinet door they all get a drink of water. It is far easier to keep the inside of of a box case dry rather than a whole gun cabinet, just so you know the traditional gun case dryer was Rice this being a good moisture absorb er then it was put in a hot place to dry out and then re used of course today we use "Silica Gel" to do the same thing. So jOe all my guns a tucked up snugly and damp free in there individual box cases some with and others without their makers trade label and a goodly helping of "Silica Gel". The heavy stout cases where also made that way to protect the gun from poor handling porters of all trades have not changed their spots in the last hundred years they still drop things you know, the case my end up in not so good shape but with a little luck the gun will be un damaged that is why Victorian cases have large heavily cast Brass corner protectors, we drive mostly smaller cars on this side of the pond get rear ended with an expensive gun in your boot (trunk to you) you could be looking at an extremely expensive outcome to make things good again. As for what people think about the guns case and those at the club I do not give a sh1t !!!! My gun my my gun case my property to do with as I please. Finally not every person lives in a desert do they so box cases still have their uses and not being altogether eye candy.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!