Just to reinforce what Toby said, at the 11 Dec 2019 Gavin Gardner catalog there was a whole collection of unfinished actions. Someone was selling them off and there had to be a story behind that. Who made them? Where? Etc.
-- Lot 143 - a T Bland & sons action casting
-- Lot 144 - Reilly 4 bore action
-- Lot 145 - Parts for a 4 Bore W Tolley action
-- Lot 146 - Parts for a 4 bore W. Tolley action
-- Lot 147 - Parts for a 4 bore Army-Navy action
-- Lot 148 - A pair of 20 bore actions for Henry Atkin type self-opening side-lock

re: Lot 144 - Parts to build a 4-bore double barrel Hammer gun. E.M. Reilly action, with underlever, fore-end, iron trigger plate, hammers, etc. I was hoping that a query to the seller would answer some questions about gun making in UK at the time. Here is what Gavin sent me about the action.

"As you can see from the hi res image, it is just a kit of unfinished parts, in the white. It has come from someone in the trade who refers to it as the "Reilly" action and insisted that I refer to is as such. but of course it impossible to prove that this unfinished action is originally from the Reilly works. There are no marks or identifying numbers I am afraid."

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

I still would like too talk to the seller. He obviously had a connection to the 19th century trade - otherwise why collect action forgings?

Last edited by Argo44; 09/25/21 04:54 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch