Day one of Holts is complete. Prices seem fairly good but there were fewer guns day one this time that really caught my interest. A couple of the percussion doubles did and odds and ends but it’s increasing shipping cost I have reduced the total number of items I’m willing to bid on but have raised my price point for bids. It cost about the same to bring in a modestly priced gun as it does a higher priced one so instead of looking for a couple of 500-1,000 pound guns I sought out a couple 1,500-2,000 pound guns. I was not alone it seems. wink

Only had two guns I was interested enough to bid on and both sold for above my bids Sadly one with a 2,000 estimate went for 100 above my 2,800 max bid. But in real life had I bid 3,100 it most likely would have sold, to the same other bidder, just at a higher price. Being there and seeing guns in person is such an advantage. The other went for well above my limit so that’s an easier loss. Hope others fared better. There is always tomorrow and the real main event.