[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've had this gun since 2016. An associate of mine was running the gun room at the Cabelas in Lonetree and he made me a generous offer on an early M31 I was tendering in trade. Because it was the two gauge (.410/28) combo and likely because nobody knew much about Dickenson's then (other than that they were "Turkish" [it had evidently also been around that gun room for some time]), in the end, I had to lay out very little money for it. The triggers were horrendous and I had my buddy ship it directly to Dickenson's designated service facility (in Oregon, I believe) and after much discussion (even involving some minor threats) it was returned to me with 3 1/2 and 4 lb pulls totally free of charge (which on a 5 1/4 lb gun is the upper limit for decent). I've always enjoyed the fiddleback, but the finish on it was a bit thin from day one, so I recently employed the services of yet another associate to add an additional layer of oil to protect it better from the elements up on our northern border.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/url

[url=https://imgur.com/aq8EwKn][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A true round-body trigger plate action, and with lovely bone-charcoal hardening throughout (which shockingly....reminds me very much of David McKay Brown's lovely creations) and with adult dimensions and 28-inch tubes. It's modern steel easily digests modern ammunition and it even has choke tubes (in the 28-bore barrels). Because of our current munitions drought, it will serve this year to help extend my limited supply of 16 RSTs up there

We taped off the checkering and hit it with Minwax Spar Urethane spray (only the finest for my high-dollar guns). Completed pix to follow.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 09/10/21 07:30 PM.