I took the TSS "progression" comment as being a bit sarcastic. If I overreacted, or misread your intent, I apologize, truly.

I hunt birds with a .410 simply because it is a greater challenge. I have killed over ten thousand doves in my life. Killing a limit with a 12 ga. is not much of a challenge. With a 12 and the right chokes you can takes doves cleanly well out past 60 yards. With a .410 I hold back and only take shots of 35 yards or less, and ,mostly 25 or less. Occasionally I misread the distance and kill one cleanly a little farther than that. The "super .410 loads" I've come up with are to do a better job of killing cleanly at 30-35 yards, and I can indeed tell the difference between them and a WW 3/4 oz. load of unplated lead. They're NOT to help me kill doves that are out of range for my gun. I begin the season with a .410 and 3/4 oz. shot. A little later I may (or may not) go to a 28 with 3/4 oz. Later season, when the doves are more mature, tougher and warier (longer shots) I go to a 20 with 7/8 oz., and then to a 16 with 1 oz. Almost all of my cohorts shoot a jammamatic 12 with 1 1/8 oz. shot from beginning to end. I don't need anyone to endorse the way I do it, because I'm doing it for the simple reason that it's fun. The reloading is fun, too. When it gets to where it's not, I'll quit. People have given me so much shot, primers, powder and reloaders over the years that there's no way I could accurately determine what reloading costs me. But, these loads are a whole lot less than even 1/2 oz. .410 loads off the shelf, even before Covid related price increases.

tw, I loaded about two boxes this morning and checked the payload weights closely. I'm getting .73 oz. of nickel plated 8s (I misstated the shot size earlier as being 8 1/2s. The factory WW 3/4 oz. loads I used are 8 1/2s) in the 3" Cheddite, roll crimped hulls. Technically, I can't say I'm loading 3/4 oz., but it's close enough for me.

Best to you, Keith.

May God bless America and those who defend her.