I started shooting skeet overseas so it was International style, fell in love with the game but was hard to find a range that shot it. Luckily the range in Tacoma WA had an Ex Olympic shooter there and they would leave one field set up or would set up a field for you. They held the state shoot there( Int. Style) we even got to shoot with the Aussy team as they came down to our shoot to practice as they were shooting in a match up in Vancouver, BC.

I started shooting bar league trap back in southern WI in high school. Each little town had a sportsmens club, or some fraternal club that had a trap range or two out back. The local businesses would sponsor five man teams, there are a lot of bars in that country and I think everyone of them sponsored a team. Well we would shot one night in a town and the next night in another, there were times I was shooting five nights a week and meat shoots on Sunday. Worked in a gas station and got free shell from some of the sponsors. I actually wore out a High Standard 16ga pump at the end of it's life if you pointed it up the breach block would fall far enough away from the shell that it would miss fire alot, always had to point it down before bringing it to my shoulder.

After the service I moved to Detroit Lakes MN and my wife, her dad, mom and I shot trap there in a league and skeet down the road at Fort Thunder. Another guy and I offered to donate and build a skeet field for the DL club but the trap shooters there didn't even want a skeet field on the same grounds.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.