Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Cold Iron
SKB SxS are made by Dickinson

I was under the impression that both SKB and Dickinson were made by AKUS. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

SKB is more of an importer now, much like Charles Daly and in the same way are made to specs and price points. SKB imports both akus and Akdas shotguns. Link takes you to the story of SKB and history.

The rest of the US such as PSA and Fieldsport, etc. go through Dickinson USA in Ca. I talked to them about a 16/20 combo and they told me no way. They have a lifetime warranty and use a company in Oregon for gunsmithing.

3 years ago I picked up a 32" Plantation Sporter from PSA.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Like you if I am going to shoot a 12 I'm going to shoot a 12 damn it LOL. Had an ISIS recoil reducer added and adjustable comb cut. LIked it so much a year later picked up a 30" 20 ga. Plantation Sporter from John at PSA again.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I shoot it lights out, better than any other gun I own and I own more than a few. A 16 ga. 32" should fit right in the middle and be the goldilocks of them. At least in theory. For the last 2 years I have been shooting these guns almost exclusively on clays and I shoot a lot of clays.

Called SKB and talked to them about getting SK chokes for my 20 because Dickinson USA was out. Ended up talking to the gunsmith and he gave me the usually no guarantees they will fit etc. and I said you want to bet money on it? He laughed and we had a good conversation about the future of SKB guns. SKB does their own gunsmithing for warranty work. At the end of the conversation I told him SKB is dropping the ball by not offering any 16 ga. guns. He felt they never would but that things could change down the road.